Introduction to debt advisory services
The Debt Advisory team is a core and complementary part of the finnCap Group, working with both publicly and privately-owned businesses, the latter including private equity and family owned.
Through the team’s combined experience of over 40 years in the debt financing markets, it has established relationships with a vast, and ever-growing network of lenders across the market including the traditional clearing banks, challenger banks, credit funds and asset-based lenders.
The debt financing landscape
Since the financial crisis, the European debt financing landscape has developed and become increasingly sophisticated with the traditional clearing banks encountering increased competition from alternative lenders. The debt markets have never been more competitive with ample liquidity available, therefore our role in helping clients navigate this continues to become ever more relevant.
We take the time to fully understand our clients’ businesses and their strategic objectives, before helping them access the most appropriate type and level of capital. Our role is to ensure that clients have a number of options to choose from and we have a proven track record of helping them secure better and more favourable financing terms than they could in the absence of an advisor.
Where we can help
Our team have many years of combined experience from both an advisory and lending perspective and have the expertise to support clients across a number of different types of transactions including;
- Growth Capital
- Acquisition Finance
- Restructuring (including covenant resets)
- Sell-side Lender Education
We have experience in providing trusted advice to business stakeholders to help them find the right solution, without the process infringing on the day to day running of their business. We will ensure that only the most relevant lenders are approached and only those with genuine appetite and appropriate terms are introduced to you.
- A truly independent and trusted advisor, with sector expertise through the wider finnCap Group sector teams
- Established relationships with a large network of lenders in the UK and Europe, as well as access to local lenders across the globe through our Oaklins network which has a presence in over 40 countries
- We spend time to understand your business and your strategic objectives, to ensure that the optimal capital solution is achieved. This might be through debt financing or it could be through alternative capital solutions; the wider finnCap Group has expertise in all growth capital solutions
- A team which includes former lenders providing a unique and invaluable insight into credit processes